Saturday, August 15, 2015

A little taste of America

Daniel's passport is set to expire early next year. And since it is recommended that you not travel with less than 6 months remaining on your passport, we thought we should probably tackle the job before school starts back.

So off we went to Oslo to visit the U.S. Embassy.

It was our first time since moving here. Everyone there was extremely friendly, and the process itself went smoothly. We even had a sports celebrity sighting (no name dropping - but there is a Norwegian who plays in the NHL).

While sitting in the waiting room, we discovered the vending machine. And it was like its own little corner of America.

Diet Coke, Root Beer. Starburst. Cheetos. Oreos. Gatorade. And more.

I think we were all drooling.

But the saddest part of the situation wasn't that I had left my wallet in the security screening room. I would have gladly gone back and begged to grab some coins out of my bag. No, the torturous moment was when we discovered the note on the machine...

Out of Order

Sorry, no photos from the embassy or the machine - again, we had to leave everything in security. But trust me when I say that it seemed like a very cruel joke.
After our appointment, we walked around the city a bit and explored the
fortress/festning for the first time. What a cool area!

No comments:

Post a Comment