Saturday, September 12, 2015

Project 'Get it Together': sweet potato goodness

One of these days, I need to share a little about the sweet girl here in Sandefjord who was our inspiration to try a vegetarian diet. Yeah, I'll put that on my To Do list!

Anyway, skipping meat means seeking out new recipes and new menu ideas. I've been finding some cool - and sometimes outlandish - ideas on Pinterest. And I wanted to share one that Zack and I really enjoyed.

We made these black bean sweet potato nachos for dinner tonight, and they were awesome! I used a low fat white cheese instead of cheddar (after two & a half years, I've learned to substitute and use what I can get!). And I added a little diced onion along with the black beans.

Photo: www.holajalapeno.com 
Here is the link to the recipe from Hola JalapeƱo:
http://www.holajalapeno.com/2014/05/sweet-potato-nachos-with-smoked-cheddar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment