Monday, May 25, 2015

Kaffetur 7 / Coffee Tour #7: Tim Wendelboe, Oslo

If this blog series were a countdown to the best of the best coffee shops, I would likely have to save this for #1. Or at the very least, in the top five.

But as I am attempting to skip around and mix things up a bit, and because I'm not one to keep a secret, I must tell you about some of the best coffee I've ever tasted.

I've mentioned Grünerløkka before. Artsy, trendy, urban, hip... okay it is actually way too cool a place for me to be. But call us rebels, because despite lacking our cool-kid cards, we tend to hang out there most anytime we are in Oslo.

In the midst of pricey secondhand stores (did you know that the word vintage instead of used means you can charge more money), trendy restaurants, sidewalk cafes, parks and über-cool boutiques sits Tim Wendelboe.

Tim is, at least in our humble opinion, one of the Coffee Kings.

The coffee is carefully selected. Tim travels often to find the best beans from select farms. It is roasted in-house. And when I say in-house, I mean in a quite small shop sitting on a corner in our favorite neighborhood.

Don't go in expecting to find ample seating, as there are only a few seats.

Don't look for an old school coffee machine, because you won't find one.

And I personally would not recommend Tim's for those who like a little coffee with their milk and sugar.

But if you are a coffee purist, I highly recommend a visit.



For more information, visit https://timwendelboe.no

No comments:

Post a Comment