Monday, October 19, 2015

Kaffetur 23 / Coffee Tour #23: Attendant Coffee, London

We found the location and walked down the steps, to the underground cafe.




I feel quite confident that this is the strangest location we've visited for coffee. You would be hard-pressed to find a weirder one. If you do, please tell me.


Yes, an underground cafe. But that isn't what makes it so odd. In fact, this coffee shop had a prior life. As a urinal.

Urinals. Yep.
No joke. This location was once a men's public toilet - a Victorian toilet - but has been converted to a charming (albeit wacky) coffee shop.



It takes serious effort to suppress the urge to use some major potty humor here...


We arrived at Attendant, and my initial fear was that a place such as this would be so focused on its kitchy-ness, it would not be quite as concerned with quality coffee.


But once we received our drinks, my fears subsided. Attendant has excellent coffee. I enjoyed a cortado, while Zack had a fresh-brewed coffee via AeroPress.


Both were delicious, and I can say that Attendant in the Fitzrovia district of London is well worth a visit. And the only time one will feel comfortable cozying up right next to someone in a urinal, I'm sure!

The Attendant
27A Foley Street
London
W1W 6DY
Telephone: 0207 637 37 94

1 comment: