Sunday, October 18, 2015

Project Get it Together: Body Project

Body Project
I am not a gym rat. Never have been, never will be. Some people are motivated by being at the gym. By being around other people who are exercising.

But not me. I do NOT want others to see me like that. It's not motivating, and it's not pretty. No thank you. I prefer the comforts of home. Working out in my living room.

Now, I do appreciate the value of motivation. Having someone to train alongside you can push you, and I get that. But I have my training partner. Zack totally motivates me. We work out together.

About 5 times a week. we do some sort of video-based workout. We use several...

As I wrote last year, we've gone through the 30 Day Shred program. And from time to time, we use these workouts again. Not as the 30 day program, but just to mix up our routine.
30 Day Shred
We have the Insanity workouts. There are quite a few we can do in our living room, but some simply require more space than we have here. And some are simply too long for my taste.
Insanity
We have also tried some of the Insanity Max 30 workouts. I like these. Thirty minutes is a perfect length for me. I also like that with all the Insanity workouts, I can easily modify them to a level that challenges me but is also attainable.
Insanity Max 30
Our latest workout program is a program out of England called Body Project. A variety of workouts at various levels of intensity, some with weights, some focused on boxing, but all offering a great workout. Many of these workouts can be found on YouTube
Alexandra from Body Project
If you are a total newbie to exercise, there are some great starter-level exercises. If you are a bit more advanced, you'll be able to find something as well. And the beauty of even the beginner level workouts is that you can always take them up a notch by adding speed, weight, or more motion to the exercises.
Daniel from Body Project

What is your preferred workout? Do you like going to the gym? Working out at home? Taking group classes?

No comments:

Post a Comment